GaAs Market Share (courtesy of Strategy Analytics)
Lower down the ranks:
• Avago Technologies overtook Anadigics as the fourth-ranked supplier in 2008
• Eudyna stole Mitsubishi Electric’s position as the leading Japanese GaAs vendor
• Fast-growing WIN Semiconductor is neck-and-neck with TriQuint as the largest supplier of GaAs foundry services
“Despite the onset of the global financial crisis, the GaAs industry grew 8% to reach a total value of $4 billion,” said Asif Anwar, Director of the Strategy Analytics GaAs service. “Although the end of the year saw production slump to a near-standstill, Strategy Analytics believes that the GaAs industry hit bottom during the first half of 2009, and has since recovered its former momentum, with no major casualties resulting from the global recession.”
Other findings from "GaAs Device Vendor Market Share 2008: North America" and "GaAs Device Vendor Market Share 2008: Asia Pacific and Europe," include:
• M/A-COM will benefit from its ownership change, and this will help the company challenge competitors moving forwards
• Revenues at Japanese GaAs device manufacturers increased sharply
• UMS cemented its position as the leading European source of GaAs devices.
What do you think of the latest rankings? Do you see any other suppliers making a run at the top ten??