by MWJ European Editor, Richard Mumford
Infineon’s Wireless Solutions Division is a leading provider of semiconductors and system solutions to serve the growing trends in the mobile communication market. In Hall 1, Stand B19 the company will present its highly integrated semiconductor solutions, complete systems platforms and Software products. The focus will be on highlighting different ‘flavours’ of ultra low-cost mobile phone platforms, ranging from 2G to 3G and something new in positioning technology, the A-GPS solution.
Experts will be on hand to discuss the company’s comprehensive cellphone semiconductor and system-level offering ranging from integrated single-chip GSM/GPRS/EDGE solutions to slim HSDPA/HSUPA modem platforms.
Other highlights include:
● Infineon's road to LTE
● Comprehensive cellular transceiver portfolio covering all bands and all modes from GPRS up to LTE and WiMAX
● Smallest HSPA+ RF solutions for best-in-class cellular talk time
● Smart modems for smart phones: HSPA modem platforms combining high performance and small footprint
● More voice: comprehensive ULC platforms with innovations for even lower costs
● Internet-for-all: entry phone platforms with a common architecture from GPRS to low-cost 3G